Monday, October 17, 2016

My First Pumpkin Picking Adventure!


Living in Florida, we don’t get that fabulous fall weather or much less the trees changing color; so, I always thought that pumpkin patches were non-existent, until my husband discovered one and took me on a date for our one-year anniversary.  We had the best time ever!  If you are from the Tampa Bay area, The Pickin' Patch is the place to go.  They have a huge field with pumpkins you can actually pick straight from the vine!









We decided to get there in the evening to escape from that mid-day sun and lucky for us, the weather was actually cooler than normal, mid 80s Fahrenheit with a little bit of a breeze.  The entrance was only $3 and drinks were $1.  They had all sorts of pumpkins to pick from and the prices ranged from $5-$30. Not only that, but they also had a sunflower field to pick your own sunflowers, a corn maze, hay park, & hay ride. Upon entering, you collect a wagon and clippers then off you go into the pumpkin patches.  This place was a small piece of heaven in northern Florida!









There is something about actually getting to seek, cut, and take your own pumpkin home. I always imagined myself pulling a wagon and venturing into the dirt and vines.  It is such a great feeling to know that you took the time to find what you consider to be your perfect pumpkin.  I spotted the first pumpkin still on the vine. It wasn’t smooth but had this unique bumpiness to it that I absolutely loved.  I had never been to a pumpkin patch before and I felt so giddy, like a child, to be able to cut my own pumpkin!













We spent most of our time just wandering around the patches looking for all sorts of pumpkins and squashes.  We ended up taking home 7 total! I just couldn’t say no to so much cuteness!














If you ever get the opportunity to go to a pumpkin patch, DO IT! I would not have spent our anniversary any other way.

Well like always, remember to dream big, be brave, and explore life!

  
Share:

2 comments

  1. Awesome. Its sad we dont have pumking patch in Colombia. I hope to do it someday in Florida ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© LifeMeetSteph | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig