Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Tampa Bay Renaissance Festival 2017


Ever Since I was little I use to love dressing up.  Whether it was Halloween, homecoming week, or masquerade parties I was the first in line to get creative with my costume. When I first discovered the Renaissance Festival I knew the next time I went I had to go all out and dress up! History was always one of my favorite subjects in school and the fact that you get to go back in time to the Renaissance era makes this festival a must to attend.













They have live bands and shows for you to see throughout the day that are funny and entertaining.  The costumes people wear is always fun to see.  You can dress up however you want, a king, queen, Scottish man, fairy, pirate, you name it!  This year I went as a medieval lady.  I bought this dress for only $30 bucks on Amazon and the crown I bought at the festival last year. 












The entrance was about $20 per person, children are less of course.  You can receive military and student discounts at the gate.  I recommend bringing cash if you plan on eating or drinking inside.  They also have rides for the kids, archery, dagger throwing, that are mostly paid in cash. If you’re the shopping type, the festival has plenty of that for you.

















This is one of my favorite festivals to attend because I get to dress up, duh lol but also because I love that there is so much to see and do.  I recommend wearing closed toed shoes because it can get dusty.  If the renaissance is ever in your area you should absolutely take a visit! The Tampa Bay area Renaissance festival will be running until April 2nd, 2017.  Parking is free and if you attend this weekend, March 4th & 5th, they are having a buy 1, get 1 FREE ticket when you donate 4 cans of food at the Festival Box office! 

Check out my YouTube video from last year to see some more about the festival. Remember to dream big, be brave, and explore life! Until next time, MUAH!
Share:

2 comments

© LifeMeetSteph | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig