Saturday, March 4, 2017

Scotland Road Trip Part THREE: Castle Eilean Donan, Isle of Skye, St. Andrews, & Edinburgh


Every person who loves filming has one fear and that is losing their footage on a camera. Well my friends, that is exactly what happened to me. I lost all my film footage. Lucky me I didn't lose my pictures so we will have to appreciate those today.


On day six of our Scotland road trip we started to head back down to Isle of Skye. The drive from Durness is long so we stopped at a few spots to explore. First stop was Ardvreck Castle in Sutherland, Scotland. A castle from the 16th century in ruins that you can climb and explore!  




The second stop was Castle Eilean Donan. A must if you're ever in Scotland. One of the few castles that tend to make an appearance in many movies such as James Bond, Highlander, and my personal favorite Made of Honour lol 




We ended the evening at the White Heather Hotel.  For dinner, we went to Red Skye Restaurant, and it was delicious! Funny story: I thought I was ordering a lobster but instead I got a million mini lobsters! HA!






On day 7 we woke up early to start our journey around Isle of Skye. The good news about this Isle is there is no need to take a ferry, just go over a bridge and you’re there! It's a very large isle so I recommend splitting it into two days. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to see the other half of the island. Our first stop was of course a classic of the Isle, Old Man of Storr. The second location was Lealt Falls. This has a stunning view of the ocean and a beautiful waterfall with sheep eating grass on crazy steep cliffs.





The third stop was Kilt Rock and Melt Falls viewpoint. There was a live bag piper playing casually on the cliff, one of the coolest things ever!  Our fourth stop was the Sky Museum of Island life. The entrance was only 2,50 pounds. This was super informative. You got to learn and see how people lived back in the 1700s. It was pretty fascinating!



Skye Museum of Island Life 





Our last stop was Duntulm Castle. The castle stands ruined on the north coast in Isle of Skye, it was really fascinating to see what a beautiful view that castle once had. I mean who wouldn't want this as their view?! We then drove to Garmouth Hotel and spent the night.





The next day, day eight, we started heading toward St. Andrews. Lucky for the whiskey enthusiast we stopped at The Macallen & The Glenlivet distilleries on the way there.  We didn’t do the tours because we had already done one, but it was still neat to stop by. Then we finally made it to St. Andrews Golf course.  It truly is a beautiful place to play golf if you enjoy that sport. We ended the night in Edinburgh.




St. Andrews Golf Course








On day nine we did the Royal-Mile in Edinburgh and ate at The Elephant House aka the “Birthplace” of Harry Potter! As a huge Harry Potter fan this was a must for me, I mean J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter here, Awesomeeee! We then made our way to Glasgow.  My husband and I ventured off to see downtown Glasgow but it started raining so we went to a mall and ended up going to a Hockey game there! It was sooo much fun!







How awesome is this mascot?!

Day 10 we flew back to USA.  It was a trip that lived up to my expectations.  There is so much to do and see in Scotland that I recommend everyone take the leap and go.  I hope you enjoyed this road trip as much as I did.  From all the places I got to see in Scotland, what city are you adding to your travel list? I'd love to hear where, comment below!


Make sure to read Part 1 & Part 2 of this epic Scottish road trip while you're here.

Remember to dream big, be brave, and explore life! Until next time, MUAH!


Share:

1 comment

© LifeMeetSteph | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig